IW PICKLING SPICE WHOLE 300g
Fermented foods are all the hype now! Roll up your sleeves and try pickling your own vegetables with our pickling spice — a mixture of whole spices, seeds, and herbs to add the perfect flavors during the pickling process.
Ingredients in our 300 Gram Pickling Spice:
Coriander, Mustard Seeds, Dill Seeds, Bay Leaves, Allspice, Cloves, Chili Peppers, Black Pepper, Vegetable Oil (Canola) Contains Mustard.
Spice Up Your Life Usage Tips:
- Always use the freshest spices and vegetables for maximum flavour and crispness.
- Use stainless steel, plastic, glass or enameled bowls, pots and utensils for all aspects of pickling to prevent discolouration.
- Wash and sterilize canning jars, screwbands and lids according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- Use a sterilized funnel and measuring cup to fill the jars, wiping the rims with a clean, damp cloth, if necessary.
- Process sealed jars on a rack in a boiling water bath for the length of time specified in the recipe to decrease the risk of losing the pickles to spoilage. During processing, the jars must be covered with 2 inches (5 cm) boiling water.
- Remove the jars from the boiling water bath with canning tongs onto cooling racks. Let cool completely.
- After 24 hours, check the seals; the lids should be concave.
- Wipe the jars; label and store in a cool, dark place.
Tie in a cheesecloth bag for easy removal and use in the following ways:
• Add to water when stewing dried fruits.
• Add to liquid for pot roast of venison or beef and beef brisket.
• Use in marinades for mushrooms, artichokes, meat, poultry and fish.