IW PEPPER BLACK WHOLE 500G
Nothing beats freshly cracked pepper. Islands West 500 gram Black Peppercorns are packed with naturally occurring oils that’ll add heat and pungency to your food. Black Peppercorns are round and consistently sized, measuring roughly five millimeters in diameter. The spice has a rough texture with a cracked and withered surface surrounding a tan inner seed. Peppercorns are rarely consumed whole and must be cracked or ground before they are used.
Spice Up Your Life Usage Tips:
- Added whole, they bring gentle heat. Use them in the herb sachet called bouquet garni that flavors long-simmered stocks and stews.
- Add them to brines for whole chickens, turkeys and pork roasts.
- A grinder filled with whole peppercorns on the dining table lets everyone season their own plate to taste and adjust the size of the flakes, from fine to coarse.
- Mix equal amounts Whole Allspice with Whole Black Peppercorns in a pepper mill to create your own special spice blend.
- Black pepper enhances the flavor of meat, gives a spicy bite to soups and stews and brings layers of additional flavor to vegetables.
- Whole peppercorns are also used without grinding in pickling, marinades, stocks, blends, pot roasts and soups.