IW OREGANO RUB 200g
Islands West 150 gram Oregano Rub is a strongly aromatic herb with a slightly bitter, pungent flavor. When it’s leaves are dried, they are more flavorful. The flavor is composed of earthy/musty, green, hay and minty notes. Oregano has a slightly astringent mouthfeel. Its flavor and aroma are similar to marjoram and thyme but is stronger than both. A warm & slightly mint-like essence, used by ancient Romans. Oregano is the dried leaves of the plant Origanum, a member of the mint family. “Oregano” means Marjoram in Spanish, and although sometimes referred to as “Wild Marjoram” it is a different herb.
Spice Up Your Life Usage Tips:
- Because dried oregano has a fuller flavour than fresh, use the rule 1 tsp. dried Oregano Leaves = 2 tsp. chopped fresh oregano.
- Sprinkle over pizza or add 1/2 tsp. to 2 cups spaghetti sauce.
- Gives a Mediterranean flair to chicken, fish, tomatoes, potatoes and rice.
- Add a zesty flavor to sautéed zucchini, squash, eggplant and mushrooms.
- Great in tomato or minestrone soups.
- Add depth to fresh tomatoes.
- Use to season kabobs and as a garnish in Greek salads.
- Add to your eggs and omelets as a fresh herb.