IW MACE GROUND
What is Islands West 500 gram Ground Mace? An aromatic golden brown spice obtained from the dried aril (net-like sheath) of the Nutmeg seed, mace brings fragrant, nutmeg-like aromas and warm taste to any dish. Mace is the thin, bright red aril or lace-like covering over the shell of the Nutmeg. Its flavor is similar to Nutmeg but more delicate.
Spice Up Your Life Usage Tips:
•Use as a nutmeg substitution or addition to desserts, stews and more. • Substitute 1/4 tsp. Ground Mace for 1/4 tsp. Ground Nutmeg.
• Add 1/4 tsp. to batter for a 2-layer chocolate cake.
• Add a pinch to lemon glaze, baked custard, sliced fresh fruit or fruit salad dressing.
• Use in pound cake, cakes, cookies, coffee cakes, brownies, nut breads, Danish pastries, fruit pies, steamed pudding or puddings.
• Use on fish or poultry dishes such as creamed chicken or turkey.
• Add to spinach, carrots, asparagus, sweet potatoes and yellow vegetables.
• Sprinkle on hot chocolate, eggnog and milk shake