IW HORSERADISH POWDER DISCONTINUED
Horseradish powder is a hot, spicy powder that comes from a root vegetable known as the horseradish root, is a member of the cabbage family and is related to Mustard and Pure Wasabi Powder. The root contains the pungent oil that gives horseradish powder its hot, spicy flavor. Islands West 375 gram horseradish powder is a great way to get the sharp, pungent flavour of horseradish into mashed potatoes, sauces, burger patties, cheese dips and more. Try it as part of your in-house steak rub or on the outside of a roast beef.
Spice Up Your Life Usage Tips:
- It is sometimes utilized as a substitute for wasabi powder.
- Powdered horseradish has been added to sauces for oysters, but we find this easily knocks out the briny flavor of the oysters themselves.
- For horseradish sauce, mix 1 part powder with 2-3 parts water.
- For cocktail sauce, add 2 T to 1 cup ketchup.
- Add to dips, sour cream, tomato juice, and bloody marys.