IW CARDAMON GROUND 500g
Islands West 500 gram Ground Cardamon has a complex aroma with a piney, fruity, and almost menthol-like flavor. When used too much, it can be slightly astringent. Ground cardamon comes from grinding green cardamon seeds. Ground cardamon is usually called for when the spice is added to batters and baked goods, while it’s more common to see whole cardamon pods when the purpose is to infuse flavor by steeping the pods in liquid or sauteing in oil.
Spice Up Your Life Usage Tips:
- Many Indian and Indian-inspired dishes call for cardamon, including curry dishes, Kheer (Indian rice pudding), and chai.
- Indian spice blends such as garam masala also feature cardamon.
- You’ll also find cardamon adds warmth and depth to baked goods such as cookies, bread pudding, and even cheesecake.
- Cardamon pairs well with poultry, red meat, lentils, oranges, rice and other warm spices, like nutmeg and cinnamon.
- It’s ideal in curries, teas, baked goods (like this gorgeous bread) and sausages.