IW BAY LEAVES WHOLE 75G
Bay Leaves or Laurel, are the dried leaves of the evergreen tree, Laurus nobilis. The elliptically shaped leaves are light green in color and brittle when dried. Islands West 75 gram Bay Leaves are often used to add aromatic spicy flavour to in cooking liquids, making them perfect for soups, stews and braises.
Spice Up Your Life Usage Tips:
- To release the flavour of bay leaves, tear or rip leaves before adding to cooking. Ensure leaves are ripped large enough to be removed. Remove the leaves before serving.
- Bay leaves are a great addition to slow cooker meals, as their flavour & strength increases with heat and time. Add bay leaves to slow cooker stews, soups, rice, or with meat.
- Boiling or steaming your meal with bay leaves can help enhance the food’s natural flavours.
- Islands West Bay Leaves complement casseroles, stews, soups, marinades, sauces, stock and gravies.
- Mediterranean, French, Moroccan, and Turkish cuisines use Bay Leaves in spice blends such as bouquet garni and curry blends.