IW BASIL RUBBED 150G
Islands West 150 gram Basil Leaves have an aromatic, sweet flavor that blends well with garlic and tomatoes. This pantry staple is essential in so many of your family’s favorite recipes, including pizza, pasta, marinara sauce and minestrone. Basil, also called Sweet Basil, is the dried leaves of the herb Ocimum basilicum, a member of the mint family. A mint-like flavour & aroma, Basil was believed to have originated in India. Basil is a small, bushy plant that grows to about 2 feet tall. Its botanical name is derived from the Greek “to be fragrant.”
Spice Up Your Life Usage Tips:
- Rub basil leaves between your fingers between adding to your dish to bring out their fragrance and flavor.
- Basil’s peppery taste pairs well with tomato based dishes. Add basil to your tomato soups, pizza, tomato sauce and more.
- Basil is a natural fit for Indian dishes. Add it to Indian curries and as seasoning for meats.
- Basil pairs well with Mediterranean herbs marjoram, dill, oregano and thyme. Add them together in your dishes for a medley of flavour.
- Islands West Basil Leaves can be used in green Thai curry blend, bouquet garni, and Italian seasonings.