IW ALLSPICE GROUND 500G
While its name suggests a blend of spices, allspice is the cured, unripe berry of a tropical evergreen tree found in the Caribbean, Central and South America. Islands West 500 gram Ground Allspice is know for its peppery sweetness and spicy aroma.
Spice Up Your Life Usage Tips:
- Add 1/8 tsp. to 1 lb. ground beef for Swedish meatballs.
- Use in spiced tea, cakes, cookies, fruit pies and French toast.
- Add a dash to asparagus, chicken or tomato soups.
- Use in French dressing, beets, baked beans, squash and carrots.
- Ground Allspice is used in seasonings, sauces, sausages, ketchup, jams, pumpkin, gravies, roasts, hams, baked goods, and teas.
- Caribbean cooking relies on Allspice as the main ingredient in jerk seasoning.
- It is used in Caribbean, Mexican, Indian, English, and North American cooking and in seasoning blends such as jerk seasoning and curry.
- Combine allspice and organic ground cinnamon to season a delicious Turkish Beef Stew.