IW TURMERIC GROUND 500g
This 500 gram shaker has an earthy flavour, also used to add a beautiful yellow colour to dishes. Turmeric is the dried root of the plant Curcuma longa. It is related to and similar in size to ginger. Turmeric’s flavor resembles a combination of ginger and pepper. It has used in Asia as a main ingredient in curries and to add colour to meals.
Islands West Turmeric, with its trademark bright yellow color and peppery aroma, is wonderful addition to many dishes. What does turmeric do? Where does turmeric come from? Discover the answers here while exploring new uses for turmeric.
Turmeric is used to colour and flavour prepared mustard, pickles, relish, chutneys, and rice dishes as well as butter and cheese. It is also used in spice blends in the Caribbean, India, North Africa, the Middle East, and Indonesia such as curry powder and rendangs.
This spice is ideal for adding flavour to ordinary chicken dishes or plain casseroles. Or try stirring Islands West Ground Turmeric into scrambled eggs, frittatas, or vegetable soups.
Turmeric is also ideal for adding colour & flavour to mayonnaise, cream sauces and scrambled eggs.
Spice up your life with these usage Tips:
- Add 1/4 tsp (5 mL) to the water when cooking 1 cup (250 mL) rice, to give a yellow colour.
- Use turmeric when making pickles, chow-chow and relishes.
- Add ground turmeric to chicken or seafood casseroles.
- Add turmeric to smoothies to add a healthful kick of spice.
- Use turmeric when roasting vegetables to add flavour.